How to Beat the Flu Faster
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by the influenza viruses that infects the nose, throat, and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. This should not be confused with the “Stomach” Flu that causes vomiting and diarrhea. Most experts believe that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with the flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby. Below we will give our top tips on “How to Beat the Flu Faster”!
People who have the flu often feel some or all of these signs and symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (very tired)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults,
- *It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
Natural Approaches to Beat the Flu
- Large amounts of fluids:
- Water, vegetable juices, soups, teas
- High Doses of Vitamin D
- High Dose IV Bags once a month
- Avoid Sugar and Dairy
- Vitamin C
- Oregano Oil
- Olive leaf extract
- Cold wet sock therapy
- Hydrotherapy (alternating showers)
- Steam Inhalation
If you’re interested in getting a specific treatment plan tailored to you to help be a the flu this season, the Physician’s at Desert Health Specialists would love to help. If you mention this blog post you can receive 15% off your inital IV treatment!